View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I have a former customer who thinks it's okay not to pay. I need an agency that's going to persuade him otherwise.
Do you have a written agreement that spells out your payment terms? How much are you owed?

In my business, we are protected by mechanic's lien laws as long as we do all the proper paperwork. But if we don't get paid and somehow our lien rights have expired or we have waived them somehow, then we will file a lawsuit with the appropriate court. Generally it's small claims court because we tend to be diligent about our lien rights on projects of any size. If we are a subcontractor we also go after the license bond of the company we worked for and try to get their license revoked. We very seldom have to end up in court. Just the act of filing usually gets their attention as long as we have valid proof that we are owed the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?