Thread: The Chevelle
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default The Chevelle

So I don't think I have a thread for the issue that I had with the Chevelle back over a year ago. With doing the engine conversion on the Explorer and then the 347 build on the Cobra I just didn't have the time or money to do anything about it.

It all started back on 5/7/11 at California Dragway's Street Legals. That was the day I ran my quickest et of 10.01. As I was driving through the parking lot leaving at the end of the day the Chevelle lost third gear, then second, then everything. I had to call Phil to pick up our trailer to tow it home. Here's how it looked that day.

After I finshed the Explorer I pulled the trans and took it over to Jaime at Crest Chevrolet. Phil had talked to him about it and he told him that he would take it apart for me and let me know what it needed so I could pick up the parts and then he'd fix it. We told him there was no rush.

Phil went by there today and Jaime told him he had a chance to pull it apart and that everything in the trans was perfect. He said the issue must be with the converter and that I just need to pick up a gasket and seal kit and he'll put it back together. So that's good news and bad. I'll either need to have my converter rebuilt which is what I'll probably do or buy a new one. Most likely though I'll have The Converter Shop rebuild mine.

I'll use this thread to post updates but it's going to wait until after I get the Cobra finished and tuned.