View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 AM   #7
Internet Tough Guy

Yeah it was huge. $15,500 for the motor and $2500 for a new clutch installed. There were some other issues too. I do know if you guys remember, but the first time I took that motor to the track I had to put it on the trailer because it started pissing oil. The oil pan was tight enough not to leak at normal temps, but at track temps the expansion was enough that it leaked oil. A lot of oil. My experience has been that shops tend to over exaggerate when critiquing g the work of other shops. So the rushed assembly is what The current shop is calling it. You guys may not remember, but I had that motor built at the vette doctors performance in Long Island New York. The motor was finished two weeks before I had to leave and I had always run the brake in tune because we ran out of time for the final tune due to the delay with the clutch. Oh well. This is why race cars a are expensive. It's getting rebuilt with a larger cam and some valve train upgrades. I'm buying a LS3 from from a junk and rebuilding it in my garage.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter