Thread: 93 GMC Typhoon
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
The one thing that sucks about working on older vehicles is that none of the nuts and bolts want to come off. Progress is good on the maintenance but I'm still waiting for parts to come in and I still need to get my steering shaft.
PB Blaster like it was free and let it sit for a while, at least several minutes, but even hours. Then (if you can) give the bolt head a little whack with a metal hammer. Basically you're just breaking the welded bond formed by the rust.

Sometimes heating with a torch pouring a little water will also break a bond. I'm hesitant with this one because it can crack.

And if the shit gets real, a hammer impact tool will break anything loose. I've got one if you need to borrow, plus some "easy outs". You live close.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)