View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
. . .You went through the BAR cetification with your Vette didn't you? How picky were they and where did you take it?
Yes. I took it to the auto department at Fullerton College where they have an inspector on staff.

They are PICKY. They took about 90 minutes as I recall, here's stuff I had to change after the first attempt.

Remove the more advanced C5 Vette PCV and put on the 2001 F-Body. He caught this by looking at diagrams. Yes, that's correct. The state made me put on the system from my declared year (2001 F-Body) even though it technically was a less efficient system.

Replace the stock 82' Charcoal canister with an F-Body unit. Apparently the charcoal is different.

I don't remember what I originally had, but I had to relabel my check engine light with "MIL".

I passed on the second attempt as I recall.

What they didn't catch is that I was running 4.8L truck heads. I restamped them with the correct casting numbers.

They were curious why the computer wasn't throwing any codes for a pressurized gas tank, but I played dumb and they let it go.

I recommend calling the place you intend to go, talking to the inspector who will do the inspection, and make sure you're reading from the same music. I did this and I'm sure it helped to move things a little bit. If I just scheduled and showed up out of the blue, they may well have been more of a PITA. They will NOT give you a concrete list of "do this and you will pass", some areas are grey and open to interpretation, but they should at least be able to offer guidance.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)