Thread: My next mod
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If that were the case then everyone would be running the largest header they could fit on their car. Back when I had the 396 in the Chevelle and it was making about 350hp I switched from 1 3/4 primary tube Hedman headers with 2.5 inch exhaust to 2 1/8 primary tube Hooker headers and 3 inch and I lost power. I went from turning 104mph to 102mph. Back then the car was very consistant. It's my opinion (not a fact just an opinion) that because of the larger size I lost some of the scavenging effect and thus power.
Similarly I've seen guys at the track who say they consistently ran slower after using cutouts, or my personal favorite, the Hondas that actually hack their exhaust off right by the manifold. This is anecdotal, but tends to support the same hypothesis.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)