Thread: a while ago
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

Default a while ago

Ok so from a few years ago now:

I was doing some tuning trying to figure out a few fueling issues on the cobalt. I was doing a log on the way home one night, doing a log, and was totally stoked that it wasn't having any fuel issues this night. I ran up on a line of like 6+ mustangs headed south on the 15 toward Escondido from Temecula. I was listening to a bunch of V8s rumbling with nice sounding exhausts as I was passing them and all of a sudden at the front I see a Roush stage 3. At the time I didn't know it was a stage 3 or I probably wouldn't have raced him but alas, it was night time. So as I go to pass he blips the throttle and downshifts. I do the same. I'm in second at about 40mph, he honks it off, I spin like a MOFO and when I get traction I am still at his door with my front bumper dead even from there til like 130ish maybe. Second race, again 40mph, I was a little more careful with the throttle, cleared a MAF code I threw after the BOV vented the turbo form the last race, and he honked again. Seeing as I was more careful with the throttle, I didn't spin as bad, got a nose on him and grabbed 3rd. Had him at my back bumper. At that point I rolled down the window, gave a wave and took off cuz I saw a cop going North turn on his lights after he no doubt saw us doing like mach 5 from the other side of the road. As soon as he hammered it next to me I could hear the supercharger whined up and I thougth for sure that I was a gonner but I was surprised the little ol cobalt SS could hang. He must have been bone stock (other than the stage 3 roush stuff) cuz come on, I thought he would have easily walked me for sure.

At the time I was fully bolted and tuned on 91 octane running 22-23psi, short throw shifter, exedy hypersingle, and 245/45r18 Hankook RS3 tires. I dynoed at 350whp/370wtrq on a mustang dyno about 2 weeks later with basically the same tune.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.