View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Default Aha!

Found the problem with the cooling fans. Turns out it was nothing more than the pin out on the fan relay connector was reversed. The good news is that it took about 3 minutes to fix . . . unfortunately it took me about 2 months to find.

Now that that's out of the way I can finally turn my attention to buttoning up the remaining issues before scheduling a session with our lovely CA engine swap referee.

They are:
- charging A/C
- installing speedo and tach
- installing new Alt (investment in reliability as old one was putting out somewhat low voltage, then just about everything will be new or pretty new)
- finding out why the AIR pump relay isn't getting power; might just be a bad fuse link
- figure out what's drawing major current at all times
- dyno test/tune to make sure she's running clean

That being said, I got drive her a fair bit on Saturday. . . Wow, even in the currently somewhat un-tuned state, it's just a different world. Torque everywhere as well as rev happy . . . and when you get into the revs, watch out. She pulls hard beyond where I lose my nerve.

I do look forward to the 5 link rear suspension and modern wheels/tires for stability's sake. Right now I really have to be paying attention when I get anywhere near the go pedal.

Pics and videos within a week.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)