View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
So, yesterday our warranty card arrived for the Edge. I put it in my purse and thought nothing of it. This morning, I took it out to take it off the paper and put in the wallet.

At the bottom of the car it reads "$100 deductible applies." Just about 2 days ago I was asking Seanplunk, "Hey, is there any deductibles or things that resemble a co-pay if you have a warranty issue?" Both of us agreed that no there shouldn't be.

Long behold, I get this card and in plain site my question was confirmed. Yup, there is a deductible. So I called the dealership where we purchased the warranty from and inquired about it.

Yes in fact it's true and the $100 deductible applies for each visit no matter how many issues you have.

This sounds kinda lame.....is this pretty typical for a warranty/extended warranty? I've never heard of such a thing. I just thought you bring in the car and vwola, it's fixed. We've never had a car with a warranty so this is all new to us. Please help.

It is typical, although you can buy warranties without a deductible - they just cost more. If you really make enough noise they may waive the deductible anyway.