View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Define funny. Does that mean hardening of plastics or something? Do they recover with use (like getting lubed) or do they get actually damaged by sitting around too long?

What about additives, namely Torco. I run a Torco mix, about 1 quart to 15 gallons. Their formula is a black box, but holly hell does it acutally raise octane.

I'll be in the market for a set later this year or next winter depending on which direction I go with the motor, and oh yeah, money. If the tree-huggers get their way and put E85 stations all over I'm seriously considering to go bat sh*t crazy with like a 13:1 383 stroker.

When an injector is rebuilt, cheap materials are used, and they are not stored correctly, the car won't idle right, won't accelerate right, etc.... The baskets can start to form rust, on the cheap ones for example.

Hence "funny". I manifests itself in different ways.

Some companies buy rebuilt from a third party in bulk and it will sit on the self for months. Injectors do have a shelf life. We keep an inventory that gets cycled every 2 weeks of the popular sizes. We fill our injectors with storage fluid to avoid these problems