View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I joined a while ago because there are some familiar names here. Good guys. I do more reading than posting.

The new gas is killing some injectors. Time will kill them too. If you get rebuilds you have to ensure they are fresh. We either build to order, or have a two week inventory. If injectors sit they will get funny and not run right.

For toys that are stored, like boats, bikes can get funny. If you mix car pump gas, and marine gas, there is a tendency to gel. There were a lot of problems with clogging fuel filters, and of course, injectors.

Injectors are a lot like valve springs, a fresh set can really change the characteristics of the motor for the better.
Define funny. Does that mean hardening of plastics or something? Do they recover with use (like getting lubed) or do they get actually damaged by sitting around too long?

What about additives, namely Torco. I run a Torco mix, about 1 quart to 15 gallons. Their formula is a black box, but holly hell does it acutally raise octane.

I'll be in the market for a set later this year or next winter depending on which direction I go with the motor, and oh yeah, money. If the tree-huggers get their way and put E85 stations all over I'm seriously considering to go bat sh*t crazy with like a 13:1 383 stroker.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)