Thread: Yamaha 5.0L V8
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The motor only made 550 hp @8700 rpm and 354 ft lbm. Pretty much identical to a Gallardo for double the price. Ben, in the local reviews it struggled against a GTR and a Zo6. I'm not impressed. It would have been fine if it cost $120k not $375k. Most manufacturers will that do R&d at the ring release ring times before the model is available.
THE QUOTED TIMES WERE FROM EURO MAGAZINES DOING HEAD TO HEAD COMPAROS NOT THE MANUFACTURER. IT WAS A PRESS CAR.

Nothing that I can see indicates that car was the Ring model, all lists show standard edition (and other cars as their specific models, e.g., Scuderia, Italia, etc.). It was in September 2010, the Manufacturer Ring model numbers are from 2011.

AFIK, they easily sold all units. So the price is completely irrelevant to people in that market. WTF do they care. They're not middle class.

It was an R&D test bed and a Halo car. Lexus got what they wanted out of the car. The fact there are other cars as fast or faster for the same or less money doesn't mean much of anything where it matters. The Market > Forums.

I understand you're not impressed. Ok.

If you're looking for an impressive bit of engineering at an affordable middle class price (sort of) that's fast with basically any driver, one answer stands out by a mile, the GT-R.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)