View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Sorry if I considered a front end change and completely new suspension from the i-beam to the a-arm a new Gen. I am an idiot. You are all knowing.

Based on your logic, does Sean and my gen mustang get lumped into the 93-98 since all they really did was sharpen some lines. Other than that they look pretty similar. same profile.
99-04

94-98
Sharpen some lines? Really? Did you not notice that every single body panel is different on those two different generations? Find one external body panel that would swap over, just one. Now answer me this, how is it that I was able to install 98 - 03 tail lights in my friends 94 Ranger with only some custom wiring? And tell me you'd notice a difference if we took an entire Ranger bed (fenders and tailgate) from a newer truck and dropped it on an 93. And tell me why 93-97 Rangers run the same one piece flared front end that the later trucks do. (See below) I'd like to see you transfer the front end of a 94 Mustang onto your car. If you can do this, I will give you my car.

But yes, I'm glad you acknowledge that you and Sean have the same gen Mustang. Even though Sean has a different hood, different front bumper, (a complete front end change, more than they did to the Ranger) a different rear bumper and a different drivetrain. Oh yeah, and a different rear suspension setup. And probably a bunch of other stuff that I don't know about.

Yes I know about the I beams, and actually, unless you own your own fab shop and can move the motor back, move the frame in, so that you can move the a-arms in far enough and make them long enough for decent travel, I beams are the way to go. Which would be... 2nd gen right?