View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Chrysler Hires Jim Press

Yowser, the Cerberus equity group hired Jim Press, former big cheese of Toyota America and the only non-Japanese to have ever made it to the Toyota board of directors. From what I can tell about the team the investors have put in place, I'd have to say Chrysler has a fighting chance to reemerge as an automotive powerhouse. I'm a GM guy myself for the most part, but Chrysler's history is undeniable.

I'd love to see the American makers come back out as real winners with great fun products at common-man prices. The real question in the big picture will be the long term role of unions and how benefits, especially medical care will play out. It just doesn't matter if you've got good product at good prices, there comes a point when you simply cannot sell enough to support ever growing overhead.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)