View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah, you gotta recoup your capital investment. For that kind of stuff it gets heavy fast, especially if you start talking about mills and lathes etc.

Our heads have BIG valves, but our pistons don't have big enough reliefs. We "could" fly cut them in place, but if we could remove the whole rotating assembly, fly cut the pistons and balance the whole assembly after said fly cutting, that'd be something to consider. Is this something you can handle without hurting yourself or someone else?
as far as the cranks balancer or w/e that he will be teaching us in the next few weeks or so, my teacher would be walking us threw the whole thing on a one by one basis for anyone who brings in there own projects and like i said if its a ford/chevey v8 he can bang it out with his eyes closed. just let me know what exactly you guys want and ill let him know and bring it in.

i think the only other thing you guys will have to give me besides the engine will be an engine stand to keep it set on,

as far as my evo engine the only thing im waiting on is for the classes soda blast machine to come in sometime this semester hopefully, they have a sand blaster but im really shakey about the idea or little sand pelets getting stuck in my oil and coolant journals if i dont wash it out well or if the washer doesnt fully get them out, being as how its my first engine build i can see little things like this getting sour quick haha

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.