View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #44
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya that would be cool if you got into that and get your garage dset up like a mini shop.

my auto teacher right now has a gangster ass set up at his house! his whole garage is a machine/auto shot, he has everything in there from a baking oven, boring bar, honing machine, hydrolice spring compressor, mig welder, tig welder, pipe bender, hydrolic press, crank balancer, sonic tester, valve grinder, stone valve seat set....about to get a hydrolic valve seat serdi machine, and mani mani more machines and kits he is insane. and build crazy sbc engines, but he has done full street and race rebulds for sbf, honduh's, 53 cadi, and a crap load more.

the only downside to his work is that he charges ALOT!! to pay for his equipment but his work is amazing!!!

also if your project needs head work like bigger valves, valve guide fix or what not or if you need it bored and honed toss it my way sense im able to use the class equipment for free while im in the class, and doing that stuff is so amazingly easy, i can see the only reason machine work cost so much is to pay for the equipment pretty much.

Yeah, you gotta recoup your capital investment. For that kind of stuff it gets heavy fast, especially if you start talking about mills and lathes etc.

Our heads have BIG valves, but our pistons don't have big enough reliefs. We "could" fly cut them in place, but if we could remove the whole rotating assembly, fly cut the pistons and balance the whole assembly after said fly cutting, that'd be something to consider. Is this something you can handle without hurting yourself or someone else?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)