View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #32
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I wouldn't worry about the catch can, it will just decrease suction. And who cares if your TB sucks up a little oil, I don't think it will hurt anything.

P.S. Don't worry about cutting vacuum hoses. You can always slide them onto a pastic fitting from Autozone (next to the Ts) to reconnect. No one will give you crap about that.
Here's why I want a CC: VW engine who opted not to run one.

no effing thank you

Besides, introducing engine oil into the combustion chamber will cause knock. Again, something I dont particularly want to happen.

I will also be gutting my filter, just haven't had a moment. That's going to be today or tomorrow for sure thought. F gutting the PCV though. That sounds like a really dumb idea to me. The factory PCV is basically designed to be a 1 way valve that allows air to leave the crankcase but not allow it to flow the opposite direction. Gutting that would seem to be a bad idea. Albeit the stocker leaks something awful, that leads to me another discussion. 1 way check valves. if on could be found that has sufficient flow, is a big enough size so as not to cause a restriction, and the PCV was gutted/replaced with a -10 fitting or something along those lines... That might be a great alternative. The PCV valve itself is a cheap part that is a factory boost leak. The only way I'll gut it thought is if it's replaced with a check valve. Don't need those gases flowing the wrong way. I'm sure the intake manifold will pull enough pressure to open the valve, thats the way it's designed... my main concern is enough pressure that it forces blowby the wrong way: into the valve cover/head

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!