View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #1

Default Stroker for the V

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Its been a while since I've been on here. Busy with work, a toddler, and a move.

Anyways, just thought I'd share some progress with my car, a 2004 CTS-V. I found a L76 at a junkyard and was able to procure said motor for an umbelieveablely low price. The donor car was badly burned, but the motor seemed intact, mostly. For those that aren't well versed in LS block gm stuff, an L76 is a 6.0L with the new rectangular port LS3 heads. Only difference is that real LS3 heads use a hollow stemmed intake valve. So these heads are desirable. And I got the whole setup for less than the heads are worth.

I got the motor torn down, and cleaned up.doesn't seem to have any structural damage at all. The rotating assembly is in excellent shape, journals and bearings are clear. As of right now, I'm getting ready to send it to my local machine shop here in Lake Elsinore. Its going to get bored out a smidge, about .005 and its getting a 4 inch stroker crank. I'm going to have the heads machined(probably by West Coast Cylinder Heads), and lastly I'll get a 102mm intake and throttle body from F.A.S.T.

The rotating assembly is going to be a forged K1/wiseco setup, I'm debating on compression right now, probably go with 10.5:1 or 11:1. I don't want to get too aggressive on our horrible fuel here in California.

Going to be shooting for a max effort all motor stroker. So the can is going to be spec'd by either PatG or Brian Tooley Racing toatch the heads and bottom end.

Apart from that, here are some pics of the new block...

Also if anyone needs or wants a Gen iv rotating assembly for a 6.0 liter let me know.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.