View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

As fasteners, it's clear studs are objectively superior. The price difference is not really such a big deal when we're talking about an engine system anyway. The benefit of being able to remove heads in car is nice, but in a car that will be as radically stripped as the Snake, pulling the engine may not be much of a big deal really. I'm 99% sure bolts will be adequate as the estimated power <= 500RWHP and I don't see doing much to make it more than that. My onnly slilght concern is that's a big dumb simple roots blower that probably rocks the hell out of the intake and puts a more lateral force on the heads than they'd ever get with NA or Procharger etc. Whether it's enough to subtantively increase risk I don't know. Curious what Joe runs because he's run this combo and related for years.

Guy, for reference what's the price difference bolts vs. studs?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)