Thread: Morning Commute
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Well it depends. I think I have gotten over the "nervous to drive the cobra butterflies", and have zoomed right on to the "I have a fast car under my foot and I just freak'n stalled the damn thing."

Yes I am still new to driving a stick and some days when I have it, I have good days and don't stall it at all, and other days, I'll stall it once when I'm not concentrating. It's because I don't drive it on a daily basis. Today was probably my 9-10th time driving a stick ever.

I think I just freak out when I'm on slight inclines that I'm going to roll back into the person in back of me or pound the person in front of me. And lord knows I can't get a scratch or a crumb on that car. Love ya Sean, but I think I just need to get more comfortable with the thing. In time that will happen but in the mean time I need to not zoom past BMW's and then stall infront of them. I will admit, I'm much better than when I started.

PS - This is how freaked I get with inclines to give you an idea (and I know you can pull the ebrake if things get really bad) but several years ago, Sean tried to teach me on his moms 95 honda accord. Well we were at Bastanchury and Rose. I was on B going east. Sean said well, this has a little incline so you need to give it more gas so you don't roll. Well, I managed to peal out. Squeal the front wheel drive vehicle and all. It was totally hillarious and I get a good laugh out of it every time.

Just don't be taking me to San Fran any time soon....