View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #33
Fast & Filthy

WOW! What a difference! I finished installing the intake, distributor, etc. and then took it for a test drive. Nothing clanked or rattled which I was concerned about with how close things were. Now for how it feels. It definitely brakes much better than before the TA. Before when I would brake hard the front tires would chatter with the ABS and the back end would rise limiting the effectiveness of the rear tires. Now the back barely raises and the rear tires chatter with the ABS.

On acceleration it no longer spins in 3rd gear. It still spins in 2nd gear but it bites more. Before the TA if I rolled into the throttle in 2nd it would just blow the tires and not move as quickly. It also doesn't step out as uncontrollably as it did before when accelerating in 2nd on a left hand turn. It seems slower and more controlled.

As for rolling in corners I didn't really think it felt that bad but I'm also used to my Explorer that leans like crazy. Still, I only took one corner at a decent pace and that was a right hand sweeper on a freeway on ramp. Again, it didn't feel like it was rolling all that much to me and felt very planted.