View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Mothers Clay bar

I had the Corvette at the base Autohobby shop for a fee months earlier this year. I installed the Raptor (wing) as well as doing some other jobs to help with the future cage installation. One of the other patrons was doing some metal cutting with a circular grinding wheel and got a lot of metal dust on my car. Obviously I was upset about it. Truth is my paint is very beat from all the track use so I didn't make a big deal of it. I finally got around to washing the car and quickly realized that the dust would come off and two turned brown with rust. Imagine a plastic corvette with a patina. I started budgeting for a paint job (aka beer for Adam and tell him his car is fast). Then I remembered that I had a Mothers Clay bar kit (Bar and detail spray) in the closet. It took about three hours, but I was able to get the metallic dust off the car completely. There are some other little marks, unfortunately it did nothing for the track rash or the burn marks. Anyways I wanted to share this one because for the $20 cost it's worth a shot before painting.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter