View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Damian, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on for small stuff at some point, but my days of spending weekends on shit is over until retirement.

It's going to ls1z28 this Friday, who did most of the heavy work on the original conversion on Friday. If it's cam knock and it probably is, the block has to come out. I have pretty much everything on quick connects and the engine is free relatively free from obstructions, etc., so it is "relatively" easy compared to some cars, but still a lot of work. I figure between the initial cam knock, clutch and brakes issues I'm looking at a couple g parts and labor. I *might* pop in some new lifters while it's out since there is apparently something like 15HP sitting on the table there. I'm going to avoid "while I'm at it itis" though.

IF I could sell this in the 20 range and get a Z in the 30 range, it's pretty tempting (other than it's not so unique as what I have.) Turns out good condition TPs are really more like $60k+ for what I want, and while I could technically afford it, I don't want to direct that much cash towards a toy.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)