View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
They're not arguing about what is, but what should be and not taking a given status as a permanent fact. There are rich and powerful men who do not cheat on their wives, it is not a universal law, only a tendency with some basis in nature. To suggest otherwise is to state that rich and powerful men have no more control over themselves than a dog. But human behavior involves considerable choice and choice is based on thought. This is where it gets interesting. Change the thinking, change the choices, change the behavior, change the world. IMO, this is not infinitely plastic, but far more flexible than a typical conservative might think.

Consider it was not all that long ago that women were regarded as something closer to property in law rather than fully autonomous human beings with equal rights under the law. That has changed, but they are right to point out this is not something they got from the conservative status quo out of the generosity of their heart.

Anyway, it's pretty much over.

The End of Men
Yep we don't disagree here, and FWIW I didn't say that it was only rich/powerful men that cheated nor did I say that if given the chance all rich/powerful men will cheat. What I'm saying is that generally there are basic male/female inherent traits regarding sexuality and attraction. There are exceptions to every rule, but if we couldn't deal in generalities discussion would be pointless. The idea here is rather than expect men to be faithful, women should be grateful of faithful partners because of our inherent nature to be attracted to various other partners.

I read The End of Men at one time, but sadly I don't entirely agree with it simply based on the desires of each gender. The left tried to publish a report years ago proving that boys played with action figures and girls played with dolls simply because parents exposed them to what they thought each sex should play with. The fact is, in the study the girls were given boy toys and they were coddling action figures and cars, while the boys who were given dolls to play with were making them fight. They tried to prove that boys/girls will play with whatever toys they are exposed to, but failed to address the fact that boys played much more aggressively with the dolls and the girls were coddling the war and action figure toys.

Anyways... we could go on and on, but for now I'll just leave you with this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD