View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I've done quite a bit of spraying using my friends 10 gallon 1.5hp air compressor and Costco paint gun, and I've gotten surprisingly good results at about 50psi.

So I've been shopping around for a compressor for myself. I was looking at a few 2 hp compressors, which put out about 6cfm at 40psi. I saw a compressor size selection chart, and saw that 10cfm is recommended for HVLP guns. Which is surprising because the one I've been using probably puts out 4cfm and worked fine.

It seems to me that an air tank would flow whatever is asked of it, so are cfm ratings based on what the compressor can supply once the tank starts to drain? Meaning, will a 20 gallon tank rated at 6 cfm actually put out 10cfm or whatever you need? Is it just the compressor that won't be able to keep up? (Putting out only the rated 6cfm)
Thats usually how it works, the pump that operates the compressor does'nt have the balls to compress the tank that much. Look around for compressors from shops that go out of business, you'll pay the same as a new one but you'll get a real compressor that does what its supposed to.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!