View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default 2002 Protege5 Mod for Rural Road

I'm pursuing a rural property with 2.5 miles of dirt road to and from the property. That's 5 miles a day on slightly rough road. Eventually I can buy an SUV, but my Protege is basically ok on it, just not ideal, so maybe there are some appropriate cost effective mods I can do if I get the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Does the city take care of the road or is it a private road you'll have to maintain?
I believe it is county, however, the zoning out there is residential/agricultural, with minimum 5 acre lots. Pretty sparsely populated so they aren't going to pave it. It is ok, probably graded once in a while. It has two problems:
1. typical wash boarding in some spots which just happens on dirt roads that aren't wonderfully maintained, especially if its dry.
2. some rocky bits

I can get over it ok in my Protege, but twice a day is going to beat on the standard suspension I fear. Wonder if there are some reasonably priced coil-over or other adjustable suspension to get a bit more "off road" compliance and isolate the chassis a bit more than a typica road car.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)