View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Two! Two cracked pistons, ah ah ahhh.

Vette had too much blowby. Did a compression test, zero in the number 7 cylinder! So I pulled the head off and this is what I found.

Oopsie Daisie. Guess 13lbs of boost is just too much on 91 octane! Regardless of how much timing I pull and how rich I tune it under boost. Time to order that intercooler and mandrel pipe kit!!! I'll clean off the melted aluminum tomorrow, and decide whether or not the cylinder is ok. If so, I'll just order another piston and throw it in there. Cylinder head was fine this time. If not, I might bore it 60 over and go with some low compression pistons. I really don't feel like pulling the motor though.

My Jeep is coming via semi-truck tonight or tomorrow. I've seriously been considering putting a junkyard 350 in the Vette with a 5 speed, selling it, buying a 1st gen Camaro caged and tubbed less drivetrain. And dropping the Procharged stroker in it with the 6 speed. It would be easy to tow it around, and I could turn up the boost, run race gas and actually get traction.