View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

I didn't get a chance to work on the car this weekend but this morning I received a text from my nephew who works for a TV production company that said they were looking for a muscle car for a shoot and they needed by Tuesday. So I called in sick today and cranked on the Chevelle hoping that when I finished that It would work and that I didn't screw up building the trans. I texted him back and told him I was going to try and finish it today and I'd let him know if I did and if it worked. I'm happy to report that it works great. I texted my nephew again to let him know but the person who needed the car didn't get back to him on whether they still neede one. He's going to let me know in the morning.

After I finished fixing everything on the Chevelle I put 5 gallons of 91 in it with a bottle of Torco and turned the key so the fuel pump would fill the bowls. I had drained the tank and the carb when I parked it because I knew it was going to be a while before I had the trans back in. The car has been down for almost 4 years with the trans being out and down at Crest for about 3 years. After priming the squatters a few times to get gas I pumped the throttle a couple times and then cranked it over. To my amazement the car fired right up. I went through all the gears, checked for leaks and finished filling the trans. I then backed it out of the garage and took it for a test drive up the street.

I don't have exhaust right now so I only drove it a little to make sure that it shifted in all gears and that when I left off the gas in 2nd gear that it was still engaged when I gave it gas again. That was an issue with the old trans. After that I washed it and then Mya wanted to go for a ride in it so we drove to the gas station and I put 4 more gallons of 91 in it. Hopefully the Torco works well. I've used it in the Cobra before so I have faith that it will be fine.