View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Carlos, would you consider a High Nickle steal block? I know a place that will build a complete 402, fully forged, short block for $3k~. A set of AFR like 225 heads is $1,500. So that's about $4,500. You could sell your LS2 Long block for about $2k (I think, maybe a little more, maybe a little less). So you might be able to get into a 402 Short Block w/Heads for less than $3k net. This block is good for something ridiculous, to like 1,500HP all day long, so you could spray in stages up to absurd levels for the strip, but keep the 402 NA for the road course. Yes it's heavier than the aluminum block, roughly 100lbs I think.
heypal has given some good additional info.

About the steel block I'm talking about, it's also siamese bored. It's pretty much a full on thrasher block. Can go up to 463ci.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)