View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 03:38 PM   #84
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Actually... Plenty. My budget may dictate that I have to run LS7s and that's fine for a while to me, but eventually I'll be going with linked bars, they are better.

It depends more on the lobe design from what I understand. If you have a very aggressive ramp rate. The lifter and pushrod can lose contact with the cam lobe. Its all about how the valvetrain is designed as a whole.
Exactly, .550 and up cams have more aggressive ramp rates, more aggressive ramp rates need more spring pressure, run more spring pressure you need a lifter that can handle it, which means you need a pushrod that can handle it.

So either go with LS7 everything. Cam, lifters, pushrods and valve springs, or, use data supplied from cam specs and build accordingly. If you have a lifter failure, you cannot just pop the intake off like with a SBF or SBC.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!