View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

The interesting thing is that if it goes to the ballot and is voted up by the general public, we are talking about as near as we can get, the direct voice of the public. Since we are not talking about the violation of unalienable rights, but specifically of freedom of the people to form their governance, obstructing it would be a crystal clear example of the government obstructing the public.

Who started it, who would be richest and who would be poorest are irrelevant (and wouldn't change the relative positions anyway).

NY, Chicago, etc., are expensive for typical metropolitan reasons. California is expensive almost across the board unless you just go deep into the hinterlands. I make decent, not great money, and after taking care of responsibilities and obligations, there ain't shit left. I have no idea how people how make less and have a couple kids manage. The answer is they don't really. They have huge debts, dick for retirement investments/saving.

I talked to a rep flying back from Nashville once who lived and worked out of Austin. We talked about relative incomes and costs and I about shit my pants on the plane. If it weren't for having a job I love, and family connections, etc., I wouldn't be here. I actually quite like a lot about CA, but the state government is so horrifically bad it's stupefying.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)