View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #85

8 days on the road and finally in Sturgis! It may disappoint some to find out I spent my first day doing nothing but hanging out under my shade tree with a cooler of beer. I was beat! I quickly made friends though, as an Alaska plate in S. Dakota is somewhat rare. Dennis was a Vietnam vet camped behind me from Pennsylvania Super cool guy, he and I hit it off right away. Right across from me was Thad from Dallas. He's a blacksmith and builds a lot of custom iron gates and what-not. Later on I'll post some picks of his shovelhead. Thing was awsome! Like I said, he's a blacksmith -not a machinist, so all the parts he had to make were done with heat and a hammer. Made it super unique. Aw hell, I'll post them now. The fender struts were bad ass Yeah, that's an actual saddle on there! It's the only bike he's ever owned, and he bought it as a basket-case. I thought that said a lot about him. Never worked on bikes before and just starts hammering out parts in the forge and teaches himself how to put together a shovel motor.