View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #10
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
As long as we are talking "what I don't get", I don't get why anyone would build a hot car to use as a "daily driver". If you are racing it on the street, then you are an idiot. Soorry, but that's the truth. If you are racing it at the track, you are handicapping yourself against the competition because they have no problem ripping out dead weight that would slow them down. If I want comfort and entertainment, I'll sit back in my easy chair at home and enjoy my entertainment system. If I need to drive somewhere, then I am driving and concentrating ON DRIVING. Having DVD players, deafening boom boxes, cell phones, and all the other distracting crapola that people seem to feel is mandatory to driving is just distractions and potential causes of accidents.

And Bird, I lived in Chicago as a kid. 2 hour traffic jams were not a rarity in the 50s, nor are they today. Parents take the easy way on raising kids every chance they get nowadays. The TV, video games and DVD is raising the kids, not the parents.
So why do you have a Vette? Why don't you sell it and buy Corolla? My guess is because you like the car. I like fast cars. My Cobra is my daily driver and yes some would consider it fast. Me, I just think it's a fun car to drive. But it runs 11's and will pull 28mpg. Also, why would I gut the car when I can beat a lot of car with all the creature comforts. Can they drive their gutted out car from CA to AZ with the wife and kids in the car running the air and watching movies. Guess what, I can! Besides, this is my slow car.

Also, I don't street race. I do jump on the car occasionally but not in traffic and not racing someone. I do take it to the track every once in a while but I usually take the Chevelle. Oh and I also cruise that on the street as well. And guess what my daughters like to ride in it.

From what you've written you're either jealous that I have what I have or you're just being a dick.