View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
Agree 100%. And I can't even see installing all that crap to keep the kids calm. We never had all that junk as kids. No offense, but that's just poor/lazy parenting. All we had was a crappy tube AM radio in my Dad's car that had to "warm up" before we heard it, and I guarantee we didn't listen to rock and roll while it was turned on. There are plenty of things to occupy a kid's mind besides DVD movies and all these other toys installed in DAD'S car. Time to tell the kiddies you either sit down and STFU or you get left home with grandpa. If you need something for them to do, have them count out-of-state license plates or get one of those car travel kits for kids that has little board games. Time for parents to stop kissing the kids butt and actually assume the role of parent.
The reason for the equipment is because at the time I was driving back and forth from CA to AZ to visit my grandmother a lot. My daughter would not ride in the car for more than 45 minutes (she was 9 months old) so I installed a TV in the rear of our Explorer so that we could go an hour and a half or so before having to pull over and let her get out.

We then bought our Suburban and I installed 2 headrest monitors so both my daughters could have a screen in front of them, 1 flip down for when I had my nieces and nephew with us, 1 in the front passenger visor so my wife could watch and then the head unit has it's own 7 inch screen which is always closed. I also have monitors and subs in my Cobra and the ones still in my Explorer.

My kids are not brats and are very well behaved and very loved. I work from home and spend all my time with my family. You do not know me so do not judge me on what kind of father I am!

Sorry for being upset but I pride myself on being a good father. Anyone who has met me and my children know that to be true.