View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

Also, one the things I've never understood about some of my fellow car guys. It's okay to spend countless thousands of dollars and hours doing "manly" things to your car, no matter how little you actually use it, but spend money on comfort or entertainment, and somehow you're a sissy? Whatever, yawn snore. Then again he does have the 500hp, 11 second daily driver Cobra, that he actually drives daily, and a 10 second Chevelle. So that's covered too.
As long as we are talking "what I don't get", I don't get why anyone would build a hot car to use as a "daily driver". If you are racing it on the street, then you are an idiot. Soorry, but that's the truth. If you are racing it at the track, you are handicapping yourself against the competition because they have no problem ripping out dead weight that would slow them down. If I want comfort and entertainment, I'll sit back in my easy chair at home and enjoy my entertainment system. If I need to drive somewhere, then I am driving and concentrating ON DRIVING. Having DVD players, deafening boom boxes, cell phones, and all the other distracting crapola that people seem to feel is mandatory to driving is just distractions and potential causes of accidents.

And Bird, I lived in Chicago as a kid. 2 hour traffic jams were not a rarity in the 50s, nor are they today. Parents take the easy way on raising kids every chance they get nowadays. The TV, video games and DVD is raising the kids, not the parents.