View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That'd would be cool to see. So max tq happened at max airflow. What about max hp?
I am gonna have to look at my logs. I dont want to shove my foot further in my mouth lol... I know that peak VE airflow (Volumetric Effeciency) is where you will hit your peak torque. But I don't know where the peak hp comes in on the logs. But I don't really care about HP since Torque is what moves you haha... what is that one saying: Oversteer is the back hitting the wall, unersteer is the front hitting the wall, torque is how far the wall moves when you hit it and HP is how far you along the wall... or something like that?

I'm not sure if these pictures will work since they are off another site. They ar kinda chopped and messed up but they kinda show what I'm talking about

Here is a picture of a log. Ok so in the second row down the white line is the VE airflow. In a 3rd gear pull @4400rpm the airflow is at 27.00 lbs/min. On this picture I wasn't looking for a VE shot but I was showing the fuel rail pressure drop.

In this picture you can see that the VE airflow is at 30.25lbs/min. If you look at the graph you can see the line kinda peaks between 4600-5000rpm. It's hard to see, sorry about that, and my injector pump had to catch up before the engine would make real power. But that is more or less fixed now.

And here is an old dyno sheet with a horrible slipping clutch and the wheels were losing traction on the dyno, just a shitty run but its all i have access to right now... sorry about the huuuge weird spot. It is on 91 octane so it isn't exaclty a proper analog for the comparison I'm trying to make.

That dyno is on a straight 91 octane tune, and the log is on an E85/91 50/50 mix tune, I couldn't find a picture of the log that went with this dyno run soooo the logs will show the airflow a little later, this was pretty early on in my tuning and I was still having pretty bad fuelling issues. hopefully it kinda answer your questions more than it confuses everyone

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.