View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It's too bad it's not coming to the states, but it's a beast

Here are some details:

"Autocar snagged a handful of pics and some initial specs of the UK-only Mitsubishi Evolution X FX-400, and as suspected, the hotter Evo is a road-going version of the ADR Motorsport-prepared sedan that successfully campaigned this past September in the 24-Hour Britcar Championship.

The turbocharged 2.0-liter 4B11 will put out approximately 405 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque thanks to a new turbo, retuned ECU and center-exit exhaust. As opposed to the outgoing FQ400, the Evo X-based model won't use a race clutch, so puttering around town should be bit more bearable, and due to the FQ400's prodigious output, the twin-clutch SST gearbox – which can't handle more than 331 lb.-ft. of torque – won't be used. Despite this, expect the FQ400 to lay down 0-60 times of around 3.5 seconds, 0.6 seconds faster than the Evo X FQ360."

ya this thing is pretty freakin sexy...i like the new body and what not. and that they are gonna use the manual tranny, but the only thing i could see being bad about this just like the last fq400 is the lag. for some reason they picked a turbo on the last generation that had alot of lag, it wouldnt hit full spool till 42-4400rpm because of an oversized hotside, and the cold side was barely bigger then stock. on in the garrett gt28 family of turbo's

but if they got a better bigger turbo then i can really see this being a perfect high hp factory evo.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.