View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Just drove a 98 Mustang with the 4.6. It has a Saleen body kit, doubt that it was actually a Saleen. 97K. Nice 18" wheels, tread left on the tires, brake pads are thick, motor is drip free, trans shifts nicely (5 speed), clutch doesn't slip. Hasn't been in an accident from what I can tell. If someone wants to run the vin go for it. There is a cold air intake and some flowmasters welded on, the air intake hooks up to all of the factory stuff so it should pass the visual I would think.

They want 6K for it and so far are unwilling to budge. But mechanically it gets my approval, which is strange seeing as how it's a Ford. Juuust kidding. Hey, at least it's not a Dodge... not kidding... sorry Boostn.

Yeah it's slow, but that's good for my brother. 220hp is 120 too many for him.

The only bad thing about the 96-98 GT is that it's pretty tough to get extra power out of them at all. Basically you have to do what's called a PI head swap to get them to about 275hp. Otherwise, they look great but are kind of slow This may be good for your brother now, but eventually he's going to want more power....