View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

The show was awesome, the traffic to and from - not so much. Here are my thoughts in no specific order:

Cars that impressed me (in no particular order):
1) 370z - it was better looking than I expected and with the extra horsepower and lower weight should be entertaining.
2) Camaro - The Camaro is a nice looking car. GM's display did suck, but the Camaro overall looks to be a hell of a car.
3) Fusion - The new Fusion is really nice inside and out. If Ford every puts the TT 3.5L V6 in, I may have to try to pick one up.
4) SVT Raptor - For a truck you can buy with a warranty, it looks seriously capable.
5) Mustang - Even though I still like the looks of the V6 better (especially with the HID lights) the new Mustang is a definite improvement. The interior is a huge step up. The backend is the biggest weakness but I still didn't think it was that bad.
6) Hyundai Genesis - It's a seriously nice car. Lexus should be worried if people actually bother to cross shop it. The coupe isn't bad either...

Other thoughts:

-The entire Acura lineup is disgusting and overpriced. They need to go back to the drawing board immediately.
-The wing on the Works Mini Cooper is the greatest faux carbon fiber wing ever.
-Audi has the most beautiful overall lineup of cars of any manufacturer. I'd kill for a white S5.
-Subaru killed the STi by going to the hatchback design. I try to like it but just can't get there.
-The new BMW 7-series is really ugly. My grandpa says it looks like a bulldog. For the money I'd much rather have a S550.
-The Infiniti G37 hard-top convertible loses a lot of the beauty of the coupe.
-Aston Martin designers are almost as lazy as Porsches, but can afford to be because Aston's are some of the most beautiful cars on the planet.
-Ferrari's entire lineup at this point is stunning in terms of both design and performance.