View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #8

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If all continues to go well I'll be able to start doing stuff like this again next year. Can't wait!
Sounds good to me You will love it!!! Look forward to seeing you out and about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetek View Post
Oh man if it weren't so close to the one we just did I'd be all over it! I don't want to wait until August for the next one though...

George
lol I know man. I realistically wanted to take a break but my g/f wanted to do this and I really like this track so I said screw it... it's just money right??? They are not the only ones who put stuff on, I think the BMW guys do events too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
How do you know how many people have signed up? I decided against going to El Toro because there were too damn many people [over 60 when I made my last look to sign up].

If it is capped or will for sure a smaller group, then I would consider this, but for $195 anything over 50 is too many. Know anyone who has done this Buttonwillow event before?
Hey Sean, not sure about how many they sign up. Call them tomorrow and ask them. I asked the girl on the phone last week and she told me they have 20-50 people typically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Realistically I’m about four months away from doing something like this but I am going to track the car a few times this year. That’s the plan anyway. I’d like to begin at Auto Club Speedway just to get used to things but Buttonwillow does look fun. Damn you Mike, you’ve got me hooked. You two have fun.
Hey Jon!!!! So glad you came out man. You guys looked great on Saturday Track is like crack, that's what my friends tell me! BW is fun, but far away, that's my rub I think if you can get out 2-4 times a year that will get it "out of your system".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
We had plenty of seat time at El Toro... 3-4 turns on skid pad, 3 turns on wet figure 8, 1 turn dry figure 8(but some had more), 4 slalom, too many accident avoidance-threshold braking, and 5 turns on the autocross track..It was non stop most of the day.. they broke it down into 4 groups, rotating events.
^^ Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Good point Paul, I guess I was looking more towards actual track related instruction.

Mike, I was doing some research on other car forums and it seems like you get a decent amount of time on the track, not just doing side drills. Ill keep you updated if I can make this [pending any work projects]
Sounds good Sean. PM/call me if you like.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.