View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Has he considered doing a transfer curriculum from a JC? That's what I did and it will save you thousands right off the top. Another thing if he's not quite sure what he wants to do is enlist for the GI Bill. I think the requirements are only like 3-4 years and is pretty stunning. I think the Coast Guard has it as well, but I'm not sure. Enlisting doesn't mean you have to go be a ground pounder in some god forsaken place. If he considers this route just make 1000% sure to get any offers from a recruiter in writing. It also would make him eligible for VA loans down the road which are pretty juicy. Just throwing out ideas.
Yeah we're keeping that as an option, but he really wants to play baseball in college. He can definitely play at the JC level, but has his sights set a bit higher. It would be a buzzkill after busting his butt for decent grades in high school in order to get into a good 4 year school somewhere, only to end up with the JC guys who are there cuz there grades are in the toilet.

Sidenote: Not trying to offend those JC'rs out there. I was one myself. As a parent, I'm looking for my kid to do better than I did.