View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #30

I wrote my State reps and one actually contacted the BAR and this is the BAR reply.
(I have not found a source for what the factory emission numbers were) anyone have a contact?

I order to give you a better answer to your questions, we sent your email to the California Bureau of Automotive Repair and asked them for a response. Here is what we got back from them:

“The Bureau of Automotive Repair is required by California law to continually evaluate the emissions of vehicles in California and we may adjust the pass fail requirements up or down by no more than 30%. The most recent revisions to the pass fail criteria were implemented in April 2011 and BAR has not changed the pass fail points since that time. BAR is prohibited by law from lowering the pass fail cut points lower than vehicles were originally required to meet. BAR uses analysis of the emissions of all vehicles in California in adjusting the pass fail cut points and allows for increases in emissions due to age, mileage, component wear etc. “

I know this probably don’t answer all of your questions, but I hope it helps. If you have additional questions, please feel free to call us.

Sincerely,

Greg Burt

District Representative for

Senator Mimi Walters

949-457-7333