View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
I don't see too many people wanting to crew for us if they have to pay lots of money to do it. I can't imagine paying someone $100 to stand around in the cold for 24 hours just to put gas in the tank every hour or so, and possibly change tires that have super hot lugs, or possibly brakes that are 1000*. I would shoot for 6 drivers, and just split it into three man shifts. One driving, and two crewing while the other three sleep.

FWIW I will be crewing with a team doing the 25 hours of Thunderhill in a few weeks and they are covering all my fees, food, lodging, and if I drive myself there instead of riding up with them, my gas. I doubt that I would be volunteering my time to watch other people race and work on their car if I had to pay the $300-400 that I will end up costing them.
It's a fair point, the difference with lemons being the circus party atmosphere rather than serious racing, where of course as the level goes up, they're actually paid staff.

The drivers (almost certainly going to be six) can cover the car entry, and handle any real crewing work. Anyone else who wants to be in the pits could pay their own way. So that'd be nearly $200 per driver and $75 "crew" for entry. Likewise, drivers alone could pay consumables. Since we're talking relatively small amounts the divergence here isn't huge, but could be on the margin for decision making for some for sure.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)