View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #20

Okay well a little R&D (better three weeks prior than three days this time, eh?), a few things...

First off we need to shoot for a shorter time between roll in and departure, the 7-11 is like the only business in the middle of a residential neighborhood so we'll need to meet, greet and beat feet. Courtesy to the neighbors is priority one.

Up Little T at Santa Clara Truck Trail is the aforementioned area where we can turn off and park on level clean ground and hang out for a little while if we would like to group up and say hello.

I think we'll have room as this is about half the available space IF we want to stop and hang, mind you this is early into the run, about ten miles from the 7-11. (Please pardon the foo-foo camera trickery)

Second I did some aerial recon of the Rocky Cola and there is like no parking adjacent, much like the one local to me. There is a huge city lot about a half a block away from the back of the restaurant and a dozen eateries between the two.

There are a million restaurants in the area if one wants to find one with adequate accommodations for a group, personally the thought of going on up to Mt. Wilson for a nosh and some hang time is highly appealing however I'm not sure who wants another twisty road at the end of an eighty mile drive. Although last I was there, room for a hundred or so cars and it's not too far from the end of the run...

Third and most important (to me anyway) is that while I will always more than happily toss out a run for the group, I don't wanna lead and to be quite honest I'm sure most of you horsepower junkies would prefer I don't. So work it out amongst yourselves who is gonna forge ahead, I prefer the rear parts of the pack myself. It always helps to have someone sweeping up to know where the hell to go too.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".