View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
I, Vettezuki

My heads (milled 4.8 truck heads) were advertised at like 11.1:1. On hot days in the summer, it'll knock. Of course the CA summer blend *might* have something to do with it. I've since gone to a 160 Tstat, which should help too, but I've traditionally run roughly a cup of Torco per 15 gal tank, and that gave the slight margin I needed. I worked out the calcs once and it was something like 92-3 octane when I was done. HOWEVER, I did and still do have some fairly gnarly back pressure, which raises combustion temps even further, so some good headers and that problem might be gone altogether on 91.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)