View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Unless I am mistaken, which happens quite often, all the supercharger companies test their products to know exactly how much parasitic drag it makes at a given RPM/PSI. That is a huge selling point for superchargers, the ones that give you the most power with the least drag increase efficiency and performance. It's almost like a flow chart on a turbo housing that shows proof of effeciency levels.
You are correct. The system for my engine is pretty well at its limits. Spinning it fast does bring in more boost quicker, but the intake temps really jump calling for Methanol injection to help cool not only the air but the supercharger itself. The wildest set up I seen was a car like mine that that an over boost pulley Methanol injection and twin rear mount turbos that pushed more air into the supercharger. The car dynoed at 650/600 at the rear wheels.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z