Thread: My '99 F-150
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Graphics B*tch

Default My '99 F-150

So my power door locks have been working sporadically for years now and now my horn died. I need to replace some stuff on the truck and before I do I thought I would get some thoughts from you guys.

1. Door Locks: It sounds like the actuators want to lock the door but most of the time do not. I am thinking it is the actuator. Could this be anything else?

2. Horn: I have dealt with the girliest sounding horn ever since I bought this truck. I think that the previous owner had the low tone one die and ended up replacing it with a high tone, so I have 2 high tones. I have been looking for a replacement horn since it died and have seen some horns at the 125db range and am not sure if that is too loud. I want a horn that has a nice deep tone so when I honk at someone the sounds matches the truck. Anyone have any recommendations?

3. Heater/AC: I notice the other day that the heater was only blowing from the vents and a little from the floor no matter what setting I selected. What would be causing that?

Thanks.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten