View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #1

Default My new tires and wheels

Ok so for those of you who don't own a cobalt let me explain a little something... There is something called a 5x110 bolt pattern... Never heard of it??? Yea its only on a handful of cars other than cobalts and a few saabs. No one uses it and GM decided to put it on the SS cobalts. This makes wheels very dificult to find especially because of the offset needed to fit over the brembos up front.

Wheels... Take #1

It all started out with me ordering some Konig Airstrikes in black. They went to get balanced and low and behold the wheel was machined wrong and was not balance able. It also just so happens that these are the last 4 new Konig airstrikes in Black that are in the universe. So the hunt continued seeing as I could not get a replacement...

Wheels... Take #2

Decided on some Tenzo DC-5 wheels... OMG suuuper sexy things in matte black. Apparently someone bought one for their unicycle. Only 3 of them remain in existence. There aren't any more new ones... Search goes on

Wheels... Take #3

Ok good looking options are starting to run out at this point. So my buddy/fellow car junkie/mechanic hook up (great mechanic too got his number if you guys want) Henry met me so I could look at his list of wheels. Decided to go with a set of Ace Alloy: Concept 5 18x8s. They are wrapped in Hankook RS-3s in size 245/40r18. Grippy as hell too very nice... So without further ado I give you Sweet Melissa and her new shoes... She is dressed to kill now.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.