View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's a lot of back story, but I'll try to stay on the main point.

Changed t-stat tonight to 160.
The tune I had done a couple months ago to account for larger injectors was also supposed to be for the 160 T-Stat.
My temp guage does not read correctly; I have the stock 82' Vette temp gauage, but the signal is coming from the LS1, so it reads way hotter than it is. I'm used to it being in the red, which as I recall from previous computer readings is about 200+- . . I think. However, after changing out the stat tonight it was off the scale past the thread so I stopped right away.

I had to use a Mr. Gasket 160 "Hi Performance" t-stat because the OEM version at 160 doesn't fit the neck Ihave to use coming out of the engine. I don't think I put the damn thing in backwards, the hose was good and hot, so it much be flowing hot water.

It looked pretty much like this. I put the cone side facing the hose and the "hand side" towards the motor.

I need someone with an ODBII capable scanner that will read Coolant Temp so I can know for sure what it is.

Anyone?
Sometimes it can be a PITA to bleed out the air . Try taking off the upper hose and filling the block , by putting the coolant in the upper neck.