View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default The Birth of "El Bandito"

After forever thinking about getting a bike, the stars aligned to provide an opportunity I just couldn't refuse. Even I questioned the wisdom of starting with a bike whose engine is based on a bored out GSXR1100, but it's mildly tuned and designed for easy comfortable riding. I guess it falls into what would now be called a sport touring bike.

I just putted around the neighborhood tonight a little and it's very friendly. I'm curious to see how it pans out, but it seems that it may have a personality very similar to my Vette. Plenty of power torque, fast for sure, but with perfectly sedate street manors. One thing I like about it is how much torque it has; you can just let out the clutch and it will idle away, now throttling and slipping the clutch like on maybe some of the highly strung lower displacement super-bikes.

It seems this bike has a bit of reputation in Europe for being a hooligans bike, or a typical foundation for a street fighter. I'll have some better pics all cleaned up soon, but here's the status earlier tonight.

And more pics on its vehicle page.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)